Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Cheer


I wanted to write an elaborate post on everything I love about Christmas prior to the 25th, but that obviously didn't happen. Instead, I worked a lot, slept a  lot, and thought about how I wanted to write this blog post. I've decided that since Christmas is over, an elaborate post would be silly, so here's the short and sweet version...

Christmas comes at the perfect time of the year. Just when everyone is starting to feel depressed because of the lack of sunshine, a feel good celebration of all things wonderful steps in to save our dreary souls....and I love it.

Christmas Lights:

 

They remind me of my dad hanging them every year just to make me happy and the long drives I would go on with my mom to look at them.



Christ our Savior is born:


His birth brings an overwhelming sense of peace in my heart.



Tree:

The Lehr Christmas Tree

Ripon's Grand Christmas Tree

Whether they are lit up, decked to the nines, or plain and simple, I can't help but stare.


Mouse Decoration:



It holds a real candle too!

When I was a child, I pretended to be friends with this mouse and curl up next to him and the little candle fireplace to take a nap. Although I no longer take pretend naps with the mouse, it's still my favorite Christmas decoration.



Family:

The Gross Family

Tayler (the dog) always trying to be in the spot light

Lehr Family

Nicu work family
What's not to love?



Presents:


The butter dish lady I got my mom

I really enjoy the giving part, especially when I find the perfect one. Okay, I'll admit I like receiving them too, especially when Danny finds the perfect one.


Warriors tickets row 2!




Merry Christmas everyone. May all yours be merry and bright.



Little Jessica: Enjoying Christmas

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post Jessica! It is nice to think about the simple joys of Christmas and not the expensive ones. I see you were into dresses as a little girl also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon. I agree, simple is better. Yes, dresses were my thing when I was little too.

    ReplyDelete