I don't know how I feel about New Year's resolutions. I am continually reflecting on life and setting new goals for myself, I don't need the number 11 to turn into a 12 to do that. However, I do think that writing down goals and telling people makes one far more likely to achieve those goals. Accountability is a big motivator. So for New Year's sake, I will jump on board with a few resolutions of my own.
1. Blog more often -I've been slacking....big time. I love writing and apparently, we should do what we love. I don't expect the New York Times to be calling me up anytime soon, so I better keep on blogging.
2. Get back to Paleo-I have to say I usually eat very clean. I am proud of myself for the progress I made last year. The holiday season got a little sketchy, but I'm back to my meat and veggies and feeling so good about it. Six pack (of abs, not beer) here I come.
3. Increase my back squat by 30 pounds -With my new oly shoes and simply showing up to the gym regularly this will happen in no time. When you have good form and a giant caboose, squats are easy peasy.
4. New Car- White Lightening (My 2002 Nissan Sentra) is getting pretty old. I've had her since high school when my dear dad decided I should have a more reliable car than a 1990 something teal green Ford Aspire hatchback that shook anytime I went past 60 miles an hour. White Lightening has been good to me, but I'm ready for an upgrade.
|The first car I ever owned... fondly called, The Turtle.|
5. Fertility- I need a kid of my own. I needed one a year ago, but God had other plans. Hoping and praying that this will be the year that Danny and I finally expand our little family. Any prayers/positive vibes/ finger crossings would be much appreciated.
6. Redo our office- It's a hodge podge of hand me down furniture and bulletin boards. I am sick of looking at the mismatched woods, creepy blue/grey carpet, and white walls. A trip to Home Depot and Ikea is in the works as we speak....perhaps I'll even blog about it.
With that said, I better get to getting on these resolutions...errr I mean goals.