Last year this little household bought a whole lamb from a local lamb farm in Tracy and we've been enjoying lamb ever since. Frank's Basque Family Farm delivered the meat to our house as part of it's wonderful service. If you aren't sure about purchasing a whole lamb, they have smaller packages available. Here's the website for more information http://franksbasquefamilyfarm.com/Home_Page.html .
- 8 lamb rib chops or 4 lamb loin chops- I used rib chops which are not as easy to find as loin chops. Either will work just fine.
- The zest of 1 orange and it's juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Set oven to broil
- Drizzle each side of chops with olive oil.
- Place on top rack of oven. Broil each side of lamb rib chops for approx 5 minutes each. For regular lamb chops up the time to 6-7 minutes per side. This will result in a browned outside and a slightly pink middle.
|Lamb Rib Chops|
|Ignore my dirty oven.|
|Dinner is served!|