Tuesday, February 15, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: Day 17

day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why



Anthony Bourdain

 
When I first read this prompt I thought I should pick a noble, intelligent, Winston Churchill/ Abe Lincoln type of person, but being noble is hard work. Instead I choose the foodie, Anthony Bourdain. I've always wanted to be a foodie traveler. The combination of delicious food combined with travel and some journalism thrown in there seems right up my alley.
 
You know Anthony Bourdain from the Travel Chanel's show No Reservations. He also has a few books out and is an executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles  in Manhattan.  On his show he travels around the world trying traditional foods from the places he visits and makes witty commentary.
 
He is hip and edgy even in his old(ish) age. He can be a bit crass at times, but no one seems to care. He is always invited into people's homes for big family meals where he is treated like a king. He is even invited to go on non food expeditions like Swiss wrestling or bocci ball tournaments. He travels to the coolest  places, eats the coolest food, and is just plain cool. He does all this while remaining thin. I would definitely like to be Anthony Bourdain for a day...or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment