Friday, February 4, 2011

30 Days of blogging: Day 6

Day 6: Favorite super hero and why


Captain Planet and the Planeteers

He saves the world from evil pollutants like smog and nuclear radiation. The Planeteers: Wind, Water, Earth, Fire, and Heart battle it out on earth on their own, but when the evil doer is greater than these individuals, they combine their rings to summon...Captain Planet. What a nice little symbol for team work.  He can fly, is a shape shifter, is strong, and has telepathic abilities. He has green hair and wears his underwear outside his pants...the sign of a true super hero.

I watched this show with my brother as a kiddo...apparently reruns are shown on the Mother Nature Network. Maybe I will subscribe...but I would probably show greater reverence to Captain Planet by taking a trip to recycling than sitting around watching his show.

I still have some of  his song memorized. Sometimes I sing it to my friend's kids when their dad throws some sort of icky Styrofoam in his fireplace. It's my passive aggressive way of letting them know it's not okay.

Captain Planet, he's our hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero. Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart! With your powers combined. I am CAPTAIN PLANET!


Remember kids....The power is yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment