Monday, February 28, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: Day 28

day 28- cruise a thesaurus and pick out 10 words you like the sound of



Good as new

I was out of town for a quick little getaway....blogging was not an option. Not because I was away from the internet, but because I am not iPhone savvy.  Forgive me for missing a few days.
 
My thesaurus is from 1962. I'm pretty sure I stole it from my parents. Sorry Mom and Dad. Hopefully the English language hasn't changed that much since the '60s. I am wondering why 30 Days of Blogging didn't ask me to look through the more common place for finding words...a dictionary.
 
1. Changeableness: I didn't know you could add a "ness" onto the end of any word and it would still be considered a word. Synonym: alterability.
 
2. Corpulence: portliness
 
3. Dilapidated: decayed
 
4. Gewgaw: trinket
 
5. Hoodwink: hoax
 
6. Salacious: lewd
 
7. Pilfer: rob
 
8. Rowdyism: hoodlumism....again...can you just throw an "ism" on the back of a word and it still be a word?
 
9. Scurfy: flaky
 
10: Voracious: ravenous

No comments:

Post a Comment