Friday, February 25, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: Day 27

day 27- my day job verses my passion




Guy Fieri



First let me preface this by saying...I am sooooooo happy to have a job...especially one that I like. Truthfully, my day job...err.... night job is in most respects awesome. I get to take care of the cutest little patients in the world, work with an amazing group of talented ladies (and a few men) who I am lucky enough to call my friends, and I work 3 nights a week which is considered full time. Pretty great. If I could tweak my job to make it perfect I would work from 11 am to 3 pm, three times a week. I could sleep in and come home in time to take a nap. Of course they would have to pay me like 8 million dollars an hour for that schedule to work out fiscally. Nothing sad would ever occur at my job either. While there are mostly happy positive outcomes, there are things that break my heart.
 
A wonderful thing about my job is that because of my hours (and i'll admit it, my pay) it allows me to pursue my passions. Travel, food, fun, biking, sleeping, shopping, camping, hiking, running, and crazy headband collections are all made possible because of my job, that I really am passionate about.
 
So as for my passion, besides tiny baby nursing, I would like to be the next Anthony Bourdain sans chain smoking. I would even take Samatha Brown even though she is kind of annoying. Maybe the next woMAN vs Food gal....I can seriously eat a lot if I feel like it. I'd even be the Diners, Drive ins, and Dives host, Guy Fieri, but no way am I getting that ridiculous hair cut or wearing a flame t shirt. No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment